Saturday, January 6, 2007

FTP Server problem and the RFC

Still gruntling with the same FTP response text problem.

Ah, eventually I managed to tune the response message text to meet the client's need. Modification of the C source code and recompilation eventually solves the problem. Thanks to fgrep tool and SRPM distribution...

I tried several FTP server implementation, and, yes, they have different response message text also. I compared results from wuftpd, vsfptd, and FileZilla. They produced the same code '226', but put different message on it.

I trace back to the RFC document for FTP, and that's the culprit. It is not specify something, just giving some example. People implement different versions though related. Great job, IETF... You put me in a month of headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment