Saturday, January 6, 2007

New Year Resolution for Java Developer 2007?

MikeUrban put his new year resolution for Java coders in his page.
I tried to adopt mine here:
  1. I will release my first open source project.
  2. I will speak in JaMU this year for begginers on beginners material.
  3. I will go back and do something interesting with all my failed, half-finished projects.
  4. I will realize that design patterns are a guide, not a religion.
  5. I will bother to research the security issues relevant to my work.
  6. I will spend an hour teaching a child the rudiments of programming, even if it's just "Hello World" in JavaScript.
  7. I will do internationalization and localization intensively in my web applications.
  8. I will learn how to use Unicode.
  9. I will not respond to requests for help by informing the questioner that they are not only asking the wrong question, but should change the language they program in and/or their Linux distribution.
  10. I will create one bona-fide playable game, even if it's Tic-Tac-Toe 2007.
  11. I will recognize that not all programs are self documenting, and that this is why comments were invented.

No comments:

Post a Comment